Trujillo & Sanchez Law Firm
Slip and Fall Accidents Lawsuit
SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT LAWYERS IN TEXAS
“Slip and fall” is a term used for a personal injury accident when a person slips or trips, and is injured on another person’s property.
Injuries sustained in slip and fall accidents result in about 9 million emergency room visits every year. In addition, they’re the second-leading cause of unintentional death in the U.S., according to the National Safety Council.
Some common ways these accidents occur include:
- Falls on public property where you may encounter damaged sidewalks, stairs, inadequate lighting, potholes and ditches, or slippery walkways with snow and ice.
- Or on private property, such as businesses or offices, where there are surfaces or floors that are wet or slippery, damaged, poorly lit, cluttered or covered with debris.
If you’ve suffered a slip and fall injury, whether on public or private property, the law lets you file a claim against the negligent party. At the Law Offices of Trujillo Sanchez, our slip and fall accident lawyers are ready to help you.
Slips and falls on public property
A slip and fall accident can occur virtually anywhere, since many locations aren’t properly maintained and/or don’t post warnings about potential hazards.
The most common public places where slip and fall accidents occur are: stadiums and other sports arenas, parks and playgrounds, amusement parks, escalators and elevators, parking lots and garages.
Slips and falls on private property
When a property or business owner fails to maintain his/her property or warn visitors of potential hazards, he/she may be liable when a person is injured in a fall.
For this reason, premises liability is a legal concept that’s used in personal injury cases where the injury was caused by some type of unsafe or defective aspect of someone’s property.
These types of cases are called premises liability cases, and the injured person must prove that the property owner was negligent regarding his/her property and/or the maintenance of the property. In other words, the property owner failed to exercise proper care regarding the property.
Some private facilities where these types of accidents often occur include: restaurants, theaters and movie theaters, apartments and other rental properties or private homes, swimming pools, workplaces, nursing homes and assisted living facilities, among others.
What injuries can be caused by slips and falls?
Every slip and fall accident is different and may vary in severity, resulting in injuries such as:
- Traumatic brain injury.
- Nerve damage.
- Fractured or broken bones.
- Disc and back injuries.
- Whiplash or other neck/shoulder injuries.
The injuries sustained by a victim of a slip and fall accident will depend on the nature of the accident, as well as his/her health and age.
Why do you need a slip and fall accident lawyer to get compensation in Texas?
If you’ve suffered an injury as a result of a slip and fall, whether on public or private property, the law lets you file a claim against the negligent party.
To ensure you’re efficiently and adequately represented in your injury claim, you should get an expert slip and fall accident lawyer near you.
An attorney can thoroughly advise you and explain your legal opportunities, as well as the compensation benefits you may receive for your injuries.
At the Law Offices of Trujillo Sanchez, you’ll find the slip and fall accident lawyer you need to file your claim for compensation.
What slip and fall compensation can we get for you in Texas?
Compensation for a slip and fall is related to the amount of damages sustained. Some reasons you may file a claim include:
- Hospital bills
- Medical expenses (doctor’s fees, diagnostic tests, prescriptions)
- Medication costs
- Ongoing physical therapy
- Physical pain, scarring and emotional trauma
- Nursing/assistant care (sometimes 24 hours)
- Compensation for the time and effort of family members caring for the injured loved one
- Transportation costs to and from the hospital and physical therapy facility
- Long-term treatment costs
- Loss of income (current and future)
- Compensation for short- and long-term loss of productivity
- Costs of making the home or dwelling wheelchair-accessible
- Loss of enjoyment and disruption of personal relationships
At the Law Offices of Trujillo Sanchez, we’ll fight to get you the maximum slip and fall compensation benefits possible. We’ve recovered over $500 million in damages for our clients. The expenses associated with a fall can be high, so you won’t pay us unless we win your case.