Trujillo & Sanchez Law Firm
Personal Injury lawsuit
PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS IN TEXAS
Texas personal injury law allows an injured person to file a civil lawsuit and get compensation for all damages resulting from an accident or incident.
The most common types of personal injuries include slip and fall accidents; dog bites; and car, motorcycle and truck accidents, among others. If you’ve been the victim of a personal injury accident, you may be entitled to compensation.
At the Law Offices of Trujillo Sanchez, we’ve represented thousands of personal injury accident victims in Texas, attaining excellent results for them. Contact us at (972) 529-3476 to schedule your free consultation today.
Types of personal injury accidents in Texas
Personal injury cases are accidents caused by a person’s negligence. Examples of personal injury cases include:
What types of damages can you claim for a personal injury accident?
There are 8 types of damages you can claim in a personal injury case in Texas, including:
- Physical pain: In a personal injury case, the victim of an injury may recover damages for past and future physical pain.
- Mental anguish: Due to personal injuries, a plaintiff may recover damages for past and future mental anguish.
- Disfigurement: This is defined as any injury that impairs or inhibits a person’s beauty, symmetry or appearance, or which renders it unsightly, misshapen, imperfect or deformed in any way.
- Physical disability: Physical impairment is defined as “loss of enjoyment.”
- Medical expenses: These may include the cost of hospital care, physician services, other health care providers, laboratory tests and transportation.
- Loss of earning potential: The plaintiff’s recovery may include damages for loss of earning potential both in the past and future.
- Loss of consortium: This is based on the loss of love, affection, protection, emotional support, companionship, care and partnership that can occur when a family member is injured.
Why do you need a personal injury lawyer to get compensation?
It’s extremely important to have a personal injury attorney represent you, so that you can focus on your recovery and well-being. Let your attorney fight to get the maximum amount of compensation benefits possible. A qualified attorney will handle the following:
- Use his/her legal expertise to provide appropriate legal counsel and perform research to understand the options and outcomes for the case.
- Manage all the paperwork, phone calls and emails. This keeps you from having to deal with the insurance company and other parties.
- Take care of all the requirements necessary to make claims and file the personal injury lawsuit.
- Conduct the necessary research to uncover evidence, which can be used in negotiations or at court.
- Represent you during negotiations, especially with insurance companies.
- Give you peace of mind, which is especially important during this difficult moment.
At the Law Offices of Trujillo Sanchez, you’ll find the personal injury lawyer you need to file your claim and get compensation.
What personal injury compensation can we get for you?
There are two general types of compensation granted in personal injury claims: compensatory and punitive damages.
- Compensatory damages are awarded to compensate you for your injuries.
- Punitive damages are assessed to punish the negligent party and are rarely awarded in personal injury cases.
The types of compensation you may be entitled to get include:
- Coverage for medical bills and related expenses.
- Lost work time or other lost income.
- Pain and suffering.
- Permanent physical disability or disfigurement.
- Loss of family, social and educational experiences.
- Emotional damages resulting from any of the above.
At the Law Offices of Trujillo Sanchez, we’ll fight to get you the maximum personal injury compensation benefits possible in Texas. We’ve recovered over $500 million in damages for our clients. The expenses associated with a personal injury can be high, so you won’t pay us unless we win your case.
Call now for a free consultation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay us!