Trujillo & Sanchez Law Firm
Car Accidents lawsuit
CAR ACCIDENT LAWYERS IN TEXAS
Car accidents are the number one cause of personal injury claims in Texas. Individuals who have been seriously injured by another driver may file a claim for car accident compensation to recover damages.
Texas has a two-year statute of limitations for personal injury claims related to motor vehicle accidents. This means that you have two years from the date of your injury to file a claim, or you may lose your right to compensation.
Types of car accidents
Understanding the cause of the accident is essential to deciding who is liable, but the type of accident may also be relevant. This can impact the extent and nature of the victim’s injuries, which determines the value of the claim.
Here is a list of the most common car accidents, including:
A head-on collision is an accident that occurs when the front of two vehicles collide with each other while traveling in opposite directions.
This occurs when a vehicle rear-ends another vehicle. In most cases, the driver who rear-ends another driver is at fault. However, there are some situations where the vehicle in front acts negligently.
When two vehicles are traveling side by side and the left side of one vehicle collides with the right side of the other, it’s called a sideswipe collision.
When a vehicle rolls over on its roof or side, the motor vehicle accident is considered a rollover.
Side impact collisions
A side impact collision occurs when the front of one vehicle collides with the side of another. These collisions are also known as “T-bone” accidents.
A pileup accident involves multiple vehicles and occurs when drivers fail to keep a safe distance from other vehicles.
Why you need a car accident lawyer in Texas
It’s necessary to hire a car accident lawyer to ensure that you get full monetary compensation. At the Law Offices of Trujillo & Sanchez, our car accident lawyers work tirelessly on your case to make sure the insurance companies compensate you for any medical expenses, lost wages and more.
To give you an idea, here are some tasks a car accident lawyer may complete:
- Deal with insurance companies. This task can quickly get complicated.
- Obtain evidence. This includes talking to witnesses, gathering and analyzing police reports, compiling medical records, and assessing lost wages (if necessary). This evidence is critical to the success of the claim.
- Prepare the claim. This key document sets out all the facts in a manner that will lead to settlement negotiations.
What compensation we can get for you due to a car accident in Texas
Compensation due to a car accident in Texas can be both economic and non-economic.
Economic damages are based on the actual costs resulting from your accident and include:
- Medical expenses: this includes diagnostic tests, treatments, medications, follow-up appointments, occupational therapy or rehabilitation, etc.
- Property damage: this includes costs associated with the repair or replacement of the vehicle.
- Lost wages: this includes current and future lost earnings and benefits in the event of permanent impairment or long-term disability.
Non-economic compensation may be granted for pain, suffering and mental anguish, as well as the impact of disfigurement, scarring or loss of a limb, etc.
At the Law Offices of Trujillo Sanchez, we’ll fight to get you the maximum car accident compensation benefits possible. We have recovered over $500 million in damages for our injured clients.
Call now for a free consultation. If we don’t win, you don’t pay us!