If you or a loved one suffered injury or lost their life in a rideshare accident, Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C., is prepared to seek justice for you. Multiple parties could be liable for your losses, so we’ll fight for the financial recovery you deserve from each one.
An Irving rideshare accident lawyer from our firm awaits your call. Don’t hesitate to get legal help and put the harm of your accident behind you.
Why You Should Rely on Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C., to Lead Your Case
Irving has many personal injury lawyers, but we believe no other firm is exactly like ours—and that’s a good thing. Partners James D. Trujillo and David L. Sanchez never accept anything less than what our clients deserve. Our firm’s motto is that we “will stick with you until the end and go all the way to trial with you,” and we mean it.
Since 2018, we have secured 15 straight jury verdicts against Allstate (and counting). When we accept a case, we intend to win it. We’ve secured more than $500 million in recoveries for our clients. Motor vehicle accidents, including rideshare accidents, are a primary practice area.
Effective Legal Help Involves More Than Results
While we’re extremely proud of the financial recoveries we’ve secured for clients, our firm’s value ranges beyond settlements and judgments. We also pride ourselves on the experiences we deliver to our clients.
At all times, our team aims to make clients feel:
- Cared for
We want you to focus completely on your recovery. Our team will provide routine case updates, respond to all your calls and emails, and try to honor any special requests that you have for us.
Between our proven results and dedication to client service, we believe we are more than qualified to lead your case.
Rideshare Services Offer Insurance Coverage Under Certain Conditions
Rideshare services like Uber and Lyft offer insurance coverage to drivers, passengers, and third parties. Coverages vary depending on the driver’s actions at the time of the collision.
Coverage When a Rideshare Driver Does Not Have Their App Engaged
According to insurance-related policies from both Uber and Lyft, drivers who are offline or who have their app off are not covered by Uber or Lyft’s insurance. The driver’s personal insurance policy—which they must maintain to drive for rideshare services—is the only protection for the driver and those who they harm.
Coverage When a Rideshare Driver Is Awaiting a Ride Request
If a rideshare driver causes an accident while awaiting a ride (or delivery) request, then Uber and Lyft’s insurance provides:
- $50,000 in bodily injury liability coverage per person
- $100,000 in total bodily injury liability coverage per accident
- $25,000 in property damage coverage per accident
These coverages appear significant but may not always be enough to cover a rideshare accident victim’s losses.
Coverage When a Rideshare Driver Is Picking Up or Delivering Passengers or Food
A rideshare driver has the greatest insurance coverage from their company when they are picking up or dropping off food or passengers. When the driver causes an accident under these circumstances, coverages include:
- $1 million to cover third-party injuries and property damage
- Comprehensive coverage
- Collision coverage
- Uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage
The rideshare driver is also afforded coverage for their injuries. The availability of these coverages is highly dependent on whether the rideshare driver’s app was on and functioning when your accident happened.
For those who are not familiar with insurance concepts and language, these coverages may be confusing. Our firm can explain them in the simplest possible terms. Just as important, we will handle your insurance claim—and any other necessary legal action—for you.
We Will Address All Challenges That Arise During Your Claims Process
The team at Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C., continues fighting for our clients, no matter how challenging their case is. Because we handle rideshare accident cases routinely, we understand many of the hurdles we may need to overcome, including:
- The debate over the rideshare driver’s status at the time of the accident: Was the rideshare driver acting in their capacity as a contractor, or did they have their app off at the time of the collision? This is one primary question that we’ll answer as we handle your claim. We’ll seek any important evidence that the rideshare evidence possesses, such as data about the driver’s status at the time of the accident.
- Bad faith by insurers or rideshare companies: Rideshare companies maintain substantial insurance coverages for their drivers. However, insurance companies may attempt not to pay out such substantial sums. We will fight against any bad faith measures by insurance companies that owe you compensation.
- Improper allegations of fault: If any party falsely claims that you’re at fault for your rideshare accident, we’ll refute these allegations with facts and evidence.
Even if such challenges don’t arise, rideshare accident cases can be complicated. Let our firm investigate, organize evidence, and negotiate for a fair recovery on your behalf.
Recoverable Damages in Rideshare Accident Cases in Irving, TX
Our approach to your case revolves around one question: what must we do to get the coverage you deserve?
To answer this question, we must first identify your recoverable damages. Such damages can include:
- Healthcare costs: From ambulance rides to medical images, hospitalization, and rehabilitation, we seek full coverage of our clients’ medical bills. We will project the cost of any care you’ll need in the future. This ensures that you’re not paying out-of-pocket for any medical costs.
- Pain and suffering: Trauma, pain, lost quality of life, and other pain and suffering will be a factor in your case.
- Damaged property: We will seek coverage for damaged property, which can include your vehicle, cell phone, glasses, jewelry, and other valuables.
- Lost income and earning power: If you’ve suffered professional damages, we’ll include those losses as part of your case.
We can discuss recoverable damages if your loved one has passed away in a rideshare accident.
Contact Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C., Today to Discuss Your Case
Texas may impose a deadline on your case. Don’t wait, as we can start work on your case as soon as you decide to let us help. Contact Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C., today to complete your free consultation.