If you or a loved one was injured in an accident because someone else was driving while intoxicated (DWI), you can seek compensation for the losses you sustained. You should not have to bear the costs of damages caused by someone else’s dangerous choices.
At Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C., we understand the difficulties faced by those who have been injured or lost loved ones in drunk driving collisions. Our compassionate attorneys are committed to obtaining the justice and compensation you deserve for the injuries and losses you experienced due to another’s poor decisions.
Aggressive Irving DWI Accident Attorneys
With so many people on the road in an impaired state, even the most cautious driver can be injured by individuals operating vehicles while under the influence. The DWI accident lawyers at Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C. know how hard it can be to recover after a severe accident, which is why we aim to secure the fairest compensation for your losses.
Our injury lawyers have experience handling various vehicle accident cases across Texas, including DWIs. We are aggressive and unafraid to take your case before a judge and jury. Our commitment to vigorous representation has allowed us to recover more than $500 million for our clients.
You Deserve Compensation for Your Losses
DWI accidents are entirely preventable, making them especially devastating for those involved. When you suffer an injury or lose a loved one because of another person’s negligent actions, it can take years to pick up the pieces. The Irving DWI accident lawyers at Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C. will examine your case to establish a monetary value for your losses.
While we understand that money cannot make up for some of the losses you sustained because of a DWI, our car accident lawyers will work to ensure that you come away with adequate compensation to cover the full range of your financial and non-financial damages.
Damages we may incorporate into your Texas DWI accident case include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Psychological trauma and PTSD
- Lost or reduced income
- Lost career or career change due to disability
- Housing and vehicle modifications due to disability
- Reduced mobility
- Long-term medical assistance and equipment
- Compromised quality of life
- Loss of use and amputation
- Loss of companionship
Exemplary Damages in Texas DWI Cases
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §41.008 allows individuals who are injured in a DWI accident to claim exemplary damages, which includes punitive damages.
Unlike economic and non-economic damages that are meant to compensate you for quantifiable losses, exemplary damages are used by the Court to punish the at-fault party for knowingly and intentionally driving while intoxicated.
Wrongful Death Lawsuits
If you lost a loved one in a DWI accident in Irving, Texas, we extend our sincere condolences. Although we understand that money cannot make up for your loss, our wrongful death attorneys will do everything they can to obtain justice and fair compensation to cover your damages.
Damages include funeral costs, loss of income, and other associated expenses. We want you to take the time you need to grieve and heal. We will be fighting for your family.
Establishing the Value of an Irving DWI Accident Claim
At Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C., we know from experience that every accident claim is unique. Since no two claims are alike, it can be difficult to provide a total value for your claim right away. When calculating the value of your claim, we consider a variety of circumstances, including:
- The severity of your injuries
- Extent of medical treatment, including surgery and physical therapy
- Length of the recovery period
- Whether your injuries will have long-term effects on your income and quality of life
In addition to a free case evaluation, if we take your case, we typically do so on a contingency basis. With contingency-based services, we do all the work necessary to obtain a fair settlement for you, and only get paid out of your settlement. If our percentage of the settlement exceeds your own after medical costs and other obligations, we will reduce our own portion of the settlement to ensure that you get more.
Next Steps After a DWI Accident in Irving, TX
If you are in an accident in Irving caused by an intoxicated individual, follow these steps to ensure your safety and protect your rights:
- Seek medical assistance immediately and remove yourself from harm’s way. Call an ambulance if you are able, and even if you feel OK, be sure to visit the emergency room if the paramedics do not convey you to the hospital.
- Call the police. They will examine the accident scene and file a crash report within ten days of the accident. You or your attorney can request a copy of this report later to support your claim.
- Obtain evidence to establish fault. If you can do so safely, take photos of the accident scene, swap details with the other driver, and obtain witness contact information.
- Call your insurance company to report the accident. Remember that they will try to reduce the amount they have to pay for your injuries, so avoid making any statements that can be construed as an admission of fault.
- Connect with our firm. We will help you compile evidence and build a strong case for fair compensation.
Contact Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C. for Help With Your Dallas County DWI Claim
At Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C., we take pride in our ability to go to trial and win. James D. Trujillo and his team have successful car accident verdicts and have recovered millions in compensation for our clients. We are not intimidated by large insurance companies, and we won’t accept anything less than a fair settlement for your losses.
Contact us today to discuss your Irving DWI accident claim.