When you visit an apartment complex, you’re looking forward to coming home or spending time with a loved one. You don’t expect that you’ll suffer harm due to the property owner’s negligence. When this happens, you have financial recovery options.
With Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C., you get more than an Allen apartment complex accident lawyer. You get a legal team committed to pursuing compensation for your hardships. We’re ready to discuss your legal options during a free case review.
We Will Establish What Factors Caused Your Accident
It doesn’t matter whether you were hurt on public or private property; you can still pursue damages from the negligent party. The negligent party in your case could be a landlord, leasing company, or public agency. These parties must protect residents and visitors from reasonable harm while on their premises.
Through an investigation, we may find that one or more of the following factors caused your accident and injuries:
- Cracked or uneven sidewalks
- Broken handrails
- Defective elevators
- Unsecured or unfenced pools
- Slippery or wet floors
- Lead or carbon monoxide poisoning
- Exposure to toxic substances, such as asbestos
- Fire and smoke inhalation
- Chemical spills and toxic fumes
- Dog bites
All apartment complexes must employ adequate security measures to deter assaults. This may include installing cameras in parking lots, keeping well-lit areas at night, and even hiring security guards.
What You Can Expect from Your Apartment Complex Lawyer in Allen
At Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C., you’re more than another case number. You’re our client––and you can trust that we’ll do everything possible to resolve your case. Your premises liability lawyer will serve you by:
- Proving the property owner did not protect you from harm
- Designing a strategy to resolve your case
- Communicating and negotiating with the involved insurance companies
- Representing you in court (if your case goes to trial)
- Explaining the legal process and keeping you updated on your case’s progress
- Determining what you’re eligible to pursue
We will also serve you on a contingency-fee basis. This means you pay nothing out of pocket for our legal help. A portion of your settlement or court award accounts for our time and efforts.
We Will Prove Your Right to Damages
As the injured party, the burden of proof is on you. This means that you’re responsible for showing how another party’s actions caused you harm. You don’t have to master the law to do this, however.
Using your case’s evidence, our lawyers serving Allen will assert:
- Actual or constructive knowledge of some condition on the premises by the owner/operator;
- the condition posed an unreasonable risk of harm;
- the owner/operator did not exercise reasonable care to reduce or eliminate the risk; and
- the owner/operator’s failure to use such care proximately caused the plaintiff’s injuries.
We Will File Your Lawsuit in Accordance with the Filing Deadline
Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C. isn’t afraid of going to court. In fact, we’ve cultivated a reputation for going against big-name companies, including Allstate. If a trial is necessary in your situation, we must file your lawsuit within the statute of limitations.
Per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you generally have two years to file your lawsuit in civil court. This deadline begins from the date you suffered harm, lost a loved one, or discovered your injuries. The two-year deadline applies to both injury and wrongful death lawsuits.
We will manage the statute of limitations and your case’s other deadlines.
We’re Ready To Pursue Each of Your Injury-Related Expenses
We believe that financial recovery should account for your past, present, and future injury-related hardships. For instance, if your injuries will leave noticeable scarring, you deserve reimbursement for that. If you cannot work during your recovery period, that should be part of your claim, too.
Compensation in your case could account for:
- Healthcare expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Childcare and transportation expenses
- Funeral expenses (if you lost a loved one)
We will determine what you’re owed by reviewing your injury-related documentation.
Commonly Asked Questions About Our Apartment Complex Accident Lawyers
Prospective clients often ask us:
Should I Talk to an Insurer Without an Attorney?
After filing an incident report, you may get a call from an insurance adjuster. While it’s perfectly fine to cooperate with an investigation, you should be cautious of the adjuster’s ulterior motives.
For instance, the claims adjuster may ask for a recorded statement. Later on, they can use your own words to discredit or devalue your losses. When you work with Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C., you can refer all insurance-related matters to us. This could prove vital when fighting for the damages you deserve.
What if I Was Delivering Something to the Complex and Got Hurt?
In many situations, as long as you weren’t unlawfully trespassing on another party’s property, you can seek damages. If you were delivering something to someone on the property, this would make you an invitee.
However, if you were visiting for personal reasons (like to socialize with a friend), this would make you a licensee. In either case, you would be allowed to be on the property.
What if I Partially Caused My Accident?
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 33.001 allows you to seek compensation as long as you didn’t cause most of the accident. Consider this scenario where you could be considered partially at fault:
- You went down your apartment building’s stairs barefoot to check the mail.
- You slipped on a puddle and fell down the stairs, suffering harm.
- Because you weren’t wearing shoes, you were attributed 10 percent fault for what happened.
- However, because the property owner knew about a recurring puddle (but did not address it), they were 90 percent at fault.
In that case, you could recover 90 percent of your total damages. We can explain more about fault during your free case review.
Get Help for a Premises Liability Claim Now
We’ve recovered more than $500 million for our clients. We are known for our willingness to go to court and win cases against big-name companies (such as Wal-Mart) for premises liability accidents.
Please contact us today if you wish to seek compensation for your injury-related losses through a premises liability claim or lawsuit. We look forward to meeting you and pursuing what you need.