If a negligent driver hurt you while you were riding your bike in Collin County, Texas, you may be able to prove that the driver is accountable for your injuries and losses and recover compensation. An Allen bicycle accident lawyer from Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C., may be able to develop a claim and demand a fair payout or take your case to trial to seek money damages for you.
We provide free initial consultations for victims of Allen bicycle accidents. We can assess the strength of your case, identify the potentially liable parties, and review our options for recovering compensation. We will also explain our services, how our contingency fee charges work, and possible approaches to your case.
Recovering Compensation for Your Allen Bicycle Accident Damages
To recover monetary damages after an Allen bicycle versus motor vehicle collision, a Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C., attorney can build a strong case proving negligence and liability against the at-fault driver or another party. Then, we can file an auto liability insurance claim or lawsuit to seek an appropriate payout based on the costs and losses our client experienced.
The recoverable expenses and losses in these cases vary but could include:
- Emergency transportation from the accident site
- Medical assessment and treatment
- Rehabilitation and therapy
- Future medical care and support costs
- Lost wages, including benefits and other income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damages
- Related expenses and losses
- Pain and suffering
- Other non-economic losses
Work with Our Team to Get Justice for Your Lost Loved One
A wrongful death attorney from Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C., can help you pursue compensation and hold the at-fault parties accountable if your loved one died because of their injuries in an Allen bicycle accident. You may be able to get money for the estate and/or yourself and other immediate family members. Texas law allows spouses and/or children or parents to file a wrongful death action.
Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C., Represents Allen Bicycle Collision Victims
When a car accident lawyer from Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C., represents a client hurt in a bicycle crash, they can count on our team to:
- Protect their right to pursue a fair financial recovery
- Handle all communications with the insurers, at-fault party, and others
- Investigate and build a case showing negligence and liability
- Fight for a fair and appropriate settlement when possible
- Sue the liable party or parties when negotiating a settlement is the better option
- Offer updates, information, and answers to their questions throughout this process
- Representing their best interests from day one
At Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C., we are widely known for not backing down. Our willingness to go to court and fight for our clients regardless of the opponent often encourages insurers to offer a better settlement agreement or take quicker action to end a case. They know we will sue and go to trial if necessary to get our clients the payout they deserve based on the case’s facts.
We are a contingency fee personal injury law firm, which means we do not ask our clients to pay a retainer. In fact, you will not need to pay us anything until we settle your case or go to trial. You will pay attorney’s fees only if we secure an agreed-upon settlement or verdict on your behalf.
Building an Allen Bicycle Versus Car Collision Claim
Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C., is a personal injury law firm serving Allen and greater Collin County. When a car strikes a person on a bicycle, significant injuries can occur. Even with a helmet, the cyclist could suffer traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, internal injuries, fractures, and other serious and lasting issues.
In many cases, the cyclist follows all applicable laws when the accident occurs. The driver, however, may make a careless or reckless mistake. Common causes of bicycle accident injuries include:
- Distracted driving
- Failure to yield when turning
- Not giving a cyclist enough space when passing
- Failure to see the cyclist when checking for oncoming traffic
- Not clearing the adjacent lane when changing lanes or merging
- Opening a car door into a bike lane after parallel parking
When a driver causes one of these crashes, the bicyclist or their surviving family members can pursue compensation if they can show the driver was negligent. Four elements must be present to prove negligence:
- The driver owed the cyclist a certain duty of care, such as leaving at least 3 feet when passing them on the road.
- The driver failed to uphold that duty of care, violating a traffic law or ordinance.
- The driver’s failure caused the collision.
- The cyclist suffered injuries and financial damages because of the collision.
Our attorneys in Allen know how to investigate these cases, identify and gather evidence, and build a strong argument to show the driver is legally responsible for the physical, psychological, and financial harm the victim suffered.
Taking Action to Recover Compensation in Your Case
While our attorneys will not hesitate to take your case to trial if needed, most cases still settle outside of court. We file an auto insurance claim based on the at-fault driver’s liability policy, present our evidence, and demand a fair settlement. In many cases, this leads to negotiations, and we reach an agreement that compensates our client appropriately.
Occasionally, though, we must sue and take the case to trial. If this is necessary in your case, Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 gives us up to two years to take this action in most cases. While this may sound like a long time, it takes months to develop a case and get started. For this reason, we encourage you to act quickly after your injuries are stable.
Speak to Us About Your Allen Bicycle Accident for Free
Contact Trujillo & Sanchez, P.C., today to discuss your rights and options with an attorney for free. We will meet with you to explain your case and how our team may be able to help. It may be possible for us to pursue compensation and justice for you based on your case’s facts. We can handle your claim or lawsuit while you focus on healing from your injuries or helping your loved one recover.
Connect with us today for your free consultation and case review.